Fighting Stage 4 Leiomyosarcoma one day at a time

Hello Everyone,

Thank You for visiting, I initially started this blog to keep family and close friends updated on our journey to Houston Texas, to visit with Dr. Burzynski, a world renowned doctor, who specializes in cancer.

A year and a half ago, MB was diagnosed with stage 4 Uterine Leiomyosarcoma and given no more than a year to live.

MB is only 50, she hasn't seen any of her kids get married or have babies. She still has a thirst for life, three kids and a Husband who absolutely adores her. My sister is 23 and youngest brother only 17. We still need our Mama Bear. If you are, or were, blessed enough to have an MB like mine, who has always loved you unconditionally and supported you, you will know how we feel. Nothing can replace a mother's love. Nothing.

Because MB's cancer is very aggressive, we had no time to waste. The very same day the doctor told us to prepare for hospice, MB and I said, "Fu*k That!", Hospice is a dirty word at our house.We started applying to the Burzynski Clinic as soon as we got home from the doctors appointmet, after 3 days of collecting medical records and sending faxes we were finally accepted.We never took time to think, we just acted. No more than a week and half after we were told to go home and prepare for death, we were on a plane headed to Houston TX in search of life and a second chance. We've left California and our family during Thanksgiving.

Even though the treatment is crazy expensive and we are away from home during the holidays, this is still the best decision we ever made. Sometimes you have to bet big to win big!

We aren't the Kardashians, we are just the Vargas' and we are going through the "realest" hardest battle of our lives...This is our story....If you'd like to start reading from the very beginning click on November, on the lower right hand side of the page and the very first post is the "Adventure Begins"

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Reflections, 2011



A bold dress to end a bold year!
 
As I think back on the past year, part of me can't even believe that it happened. I decree 2011 as the year of the pinches because I was constantly pinching myself. 2010 was a hard year, that was the year we saw MBs disease flourish, it was the first time, in all our lives, that we ever saw her sick. 2011 was better because we'd finally gotten used to the idea and were finding more competant doctors to treat her.

2011 was the year that I found my wings. I always knew I had a big mouth but in 2011 I learned how to use it for good not evil. It was definitely the year of action. Any idea i'd get, I went with, going to Dr. Bs, starting a blog, protesting at Kaiser, all pretty crazy ideas that worked.

My goals for 2012; continuing to watch MB get better, continue to look for a job in my field. Anyone hiring TV reporters??? I have a reel and a resume, email me! Oprah, I know you want a feisty, fearless, reporter on staff. Call me;)

One of my future goals is a million woman march to the White House demanding better healthcare.

So lets see, here's my year in review.
Met boys, dumped them all, maybe yazzy's right, maybe I am to picky...egh
MB went to Dr. Bs and finally started feeling better about her doctors.
Started the Occupy Kaiser movement with Yazzy fresh.
Reconciled with old friends
partied hard with family.
started writing full time.
made new friends.
made national headlines.
learned new things.
went to Vegas twice .
went to a million weddings.
I experienced real life miracles.
saw the best and worst of humanity
LOVED, LAUGHED, CRIED harder than I ever have in my life.....year filled with up's and downs but no regrets.

 "Prayer alone will not make a happy life. A happy life must be built. You must act." ~Dalai Lama

Lets make this a year of ACTIONS people!...lets turn off the TV, get off FB for a while and do something for the greater good of humanity. Lets show the world that our generation is more than just a
bunch of superficial , ignorant, lazy men and women. Lets show the world that we are smart, passionate innovators that will lay the foundation for a better tomorrow!

Happy New Year to all and may it bring everyone of us new blessings!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. El limite solo tu te lo impones!!!!! vamos prima adelente!!!!

    ReplyDelete