Fighting Stage 4 Leiomyosarcoma one day at a time

Hello Everyone,

Thank You for visiting, I initially started this blog to keep family and close friends updated on our journey to Houston Texas, to visit with Dr. Burzynski, a world renowned doctor, who specializes in cancer.

A year and a half ago, MB was diagnosed with stage 4 Uterine Leiomyosarcoma and given no more than a year to live.

MB is only 50, she hasn't seen any of her kids get married or have babies. She still has a thirst for life, three kids and a Husband who absolutely adores her. My sister is 23 and youngest brother only 17. We still need our Mama Bear. If you are, or were, blessed enough to have an MB like mine, who has always loved you unconditionally and supported you, you will know how we feel. Nothing can replace a mother's love. Nothing.

Because MB's cancer is very aggressive, we had no time to waste. The very same day the doctor told us to prepare for hospice, MB and I said, "Fu*k That!", Hospice is a dirty word at our house.We started applying to the Burzynski Clinic as soon as we got home from the doctors appointmet, after 3 days of collecting medical records and sending faxes we were finally accepted.We never took time to think, we just acted. No more than a week and half after we were told to go home and prepare for death, we were on a plane headed to Houston TX in search of life and a second chance. We've left California and our family during Thanksgiving.

Even though the treatment is crazy expensive and we are away from home during the holidays, this is still the best decision we ever made. Sometimes you have to bet big to win big!

We aren't the Kardashians, we are just the Vargas' and we are going through the "realest" hardest battle of our lives...This is our story....If you'd like to start reading from the very beginning click on November, on the lower right hand side of the page and the very first post is the "Adventure Begins"

Friday, December 23, 2011

I'm Sorry....

MB and PB together last Christmas...by the grace of God we are all still together!!!!...A million times Thank You Universe/GOD/ALLAH for letting MB be with us once again!
I would like to apologize for having a potty mouth. Some of Kaiser's employees are very nice,MB loves all her nurses and I have had relatively decent experiences with the medical secretaries.

I'm ashamed of myself for calling MB's doctor the Bword, she is just trying to do her job. I just get so angry when I feel like MB is not being treated fairly,especially in regards to her health care. People should remember that we are dealing with life and death and at this point any little mistake can cause MB her life. I am just extremely passionate about my Mother and her care and I'm sure to some I may seem like a crazy person. I guess I am crazy, I'm crazy for MB and for keeping her with us.

The other day MB, My sister and Myself were talking and MB told us that when we have children we should LOVE them like she's loved us so that they will fight for us like we fight for her. My heart broke when she said this because she's talking like she won't be there to remind us when we have kids. I'm not a huge fan of kids but if I do have them I want MB to be there to babysit and keep me from slapping them all day. My anger comes from knowing that all the pain we've been going through could have been prevented if someone at Kaiser had ordered a Pet Scan 3 years ago. Today Yazzy Fresh mentioned that her friend who is on Medicare went to a low income clinic with a stomach ache and the clinic ordered a Pet Scan. MB went to Kaiser with heavy bleeding, growths in her uterus and still no Pet Scan.....I'll let you decide if this is fair or right. I'm just here to state the facts and hopefully bring awareness to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment