Fighting Stage 4 Leiomyosarcoma one day at a time

Hello Everyone,

Thank You for visiting, I initially started this blog to keep family and close friends updated on our journey to Houston Texas, to visit with Dr. Burzynski, a world renowned doctor, who specializes in cancer.

A year and a half ago, MB was diagnosed with stage 4 Uterine Leiomyosarcoma and given no more than a year to live.

MB is only 50, she hasn't seen any of her kids get married or have babies. She still has a thirst for life, three kids and a Husband who absolutely adores her. My sister is 23 and youngest brother only 17. We still need our Mama Bear. If you are, or were, blessed enough to have an MB like mine, who has always loved you unconditionally and supported you, you will know how we feel. Nothing can replace a mother's love. Nothing.

Because MB's cancer is very aggressive, we had no time to waste. The very same day the doctor told us to prepare for hospice, MB and I said, "Fu*k That!", Hospice is a dirty word at our house.We started applying to the Burzynski Clinic as soon as we got home from the doctors appointmet, after 3 days of collecting medical records and sending faxes we were finally accepted.We never took time to think, we just acted. No more than a week and half after we were told to go home and prepare for death, we were on a plane headed to Houston TX in search of life and a second chance. We've left California and our family during Thanksgiving.

Even though the treatment is crazy expensive and we are away from home during the holidays, this is still the best decision we ever made. Sometimes you have to bet big to win big!

We aren't the Kardashians, we are just the Vargas' and we are going through the "realest" hardest battle of our lives...This is our story....If you'd like to start reading from the very beginning click on November, on the lower right hand side of the page and the very first post is the "Adventure Begins"

Sunday, November 27, 2011

My new heart is coming in nicely!

I taught him how to work those chopsticks
YES I AM!!!!
He puts a smile on my face on the days that it's hard to smile;)












Thank God MB was feeling better today. I bought her some icy hot patches for her back and they helped. We didn't want to push our luck so MB decided to stay home. She wasn't good enough  to go out but she was better. Eric and I decided to go out for some sushi and then a movie at his place.

We went to RA, to a place thats a lot like Santana Row, and the  Sushi was excellent! TX Boo has started calling me sweet pea and baby. Finally, I figured out a good nickname for him. His new nickname is...tantararan...TaliBOO. I'm sure you can guess why, he looks Arab but is Mexican. He doesn't speak a word of Spanish and sounds more like a cowboy than anything. Taliboo and I had our first altercation today, we've spent everyday together since wedn night so I guess it had to happen lol. When we were at dinner I was being loud so he shushed me, oh no he diiin't. I let Taliboo know that I don't like to be shushed and Taliboo let me know that he doesn't like me telling the world our business...lol. We made a deal he'd never shush me again as long as I didn't say really personal things in a loud tone again. I'm starting to see how we are kind of opposites. He doesn't like attention and I can be a bit of an attention whore. I wonder how these differences will work out in the long run.

When we got to Taliboo's place we cuddled on the couch and talked. I told him I had a nightmare last night. He said it was probably do to the stress. I felt comfortable enough to tell him that I was scared that something might happen to MB while we were out here in Texas. When I said this, he held me real tight and whispered, "You have Me here and Monique, you are not alone" What happened next is probably TMI for this blog but if you care enough to know you can always email me;) Oh and if your one of my aunts, uncles, cousins or anyone who knows my MB and PB lets not mention this to them either;)

If you know me, you know I don't usually let my gaurd down with my sad feelings. I don't like being vulnerable or mopey around people. Mostly because I don't like being a downer or having anyone feeling sorry for me. I get my attention the old fashion way by being loud and showing my boobies, lol j/k. With him, it's different, he just lets me be me. I'm starting to see his imperfections too but they don't bother me. It's like when he annoys me, which he now does, I don't want to automatically slap him in his face or tell him off. I'm having all these weird feelings I've never felt before and it's scary, really scary. Egh I guess thats what happens when you get a new heart with feelings...UGH...could this really be more than just a TX fling????....Only time will tell.

3 comments:

  1. Good Morning "M and MB" !!
    Another Foggy Day here in the Valley…We never even saw the Sun yesterday and it's supposed to be that way until either later today or Wednesday….grrrr !! Talk about being depressed or a downer is the "san joaquin valley fog" !! I am hoping that you guys are doing better today Physically Mentally Emotionally and Spiritually!! I am glad that you two conocidos are getting along and finding what makes each other tick…..it's funny how Opposites attract, it's true. Although I dont' like Sushi I am glad you got to go and teach the Texan a California thing or two….lol!! I will be posting funny pictures to make MB giggle later on and am up getting ready for work. I hope today is still yet a better day for MB <3 We here in Cali are very grateful and appreciative for all the folks in Texas "helpin' a sister out" !! Southern Hospitality at it's Best. I hope this blog continues around the world and I will continue to do my part to help all I can. Lots of Thoughts and Prayers coming your way!! <3 Teresa <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Teresa, let your friends know that there is now a donation button directly on this blog...YAYAYA

    ReplyDelete
  3. lmao girl you had me trippin' I knew it wasn't there before and then you sent me a message saying that it was there where the links were i was like dang do i need to clean my glasses and then jumped online as soon as I got home from work and VOILA !! It's there now :-) Don't be messin' with my mind…..if it wanders too far it may not come back Mari !! lol

    ReplyDelete