Fighting Stage 4 Leiomyosarcoma one day at a time

Hello Everyone,

Thank You for visiting, I initially started this blog to keep family and close friends updated on our journey to Houston Texas, to visit with Dr. Burzynski, a world renowned doctor, who specializes in cancer.

A year and a half ago, MB was diagnosed with stage 4 Uterine Leiomyosarcoma and given no more than a year to live.

MB is only 50, she hasn't seen any of her kids get married or have babies. She still has a thirst for life, three kids and a Husband who absolutely adores her. My sister is 23 and youngest brother only 17. We still need our Mama Bear. If you are, or were, blessed enough to have an MB like mine, who has always loved you unconditionally and supported you, you will know how we feel. Nothing can replace a mother's love. Nothing.

Because MB's cancer is very aggressive, we had no time to waste. The very same day the doctor told us to prepare for hospice, MB and I said, "Fu*k That!", Hospice is a dirty word at our house.We started applying to the Burzynski Clinic as soon as we got home from the doctors appointmet, after 3 days of collecting medical records and sending faxes we were finally accepted.We never took time to think, we just acted. No more than a week and half after we were told to go home and prepare for death, we were on a plane headed to Houston TX in search of life and a second chance. We've left California and our family during Thanksgiving.

Even though the treatment is crazy expensive and we are away from home during the holidays, this is still the best decision we ever made. Sometimes you have to bet big to win big!

We aren't the Kardashians, we are just the Vargas' and we are going through the "realest" hardest battle of our lives...This is our story....If you'd like to start reading from the very beginning click on November, on the lower right hand side of the page and the very first post is the "Adventure Begins"

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Our very first photo shoot....and some MB memories

Mama Bear and I 30 years ago.
I used to get annoyed at my Mom for not baking and reading my bedtime stories to slow. I remember wanting her to do everything that the Beaver's Mom did. I wanted her to be the perfect American TV mom. I know, I used to be stupid.

When this picture was taken, MB would wake up at 4am take me to daycare and go work a full time job, she'd come home and make dinner for my Dad and I and then go to San Jose City College to learn to speak English. This work ethic put me through college and my sister through college. Mrs. Cleaver never had nothhin on MB, I was just too blind to see it.

3 comments:

  1. Dang it, Mariela, it's Cleaver!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I'm changing it right now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tia: la amamos mucho y vamos a hacer todo lo que este de nuestra parte para ayudar a difundir el blog para que mucha gente clickee. Saludos de todos especialmente de mi tia Meli. Atte. Su sobrina Vicky Mendoza Zepeda

    ReplyDelete