Fighting Stage 4 Leiomyosarcoma one day at a time

Hello Everyone,

Thank You for visiting, I initially started this blog to keep family and close friends updated on our journey to Houston Texas, to visit with Dr. Burzynski, a world renowned doctor, who specializes in cancer.

A year and a half ago, MB was diagnosed with stage 4 Uterine Leiomyosarcoma and given no more than a year to live.

MB is only 50, she hasn't seen any of her kids get married or have babies. She still has a thirst for life, three kids and a Husband who absolutely adores her. My sister is 23 and youngest brother only 17. We still need our Mama Bear. If you are, or were, blessed enough to have an MB like mine, who has always loved you unconditionally and supported you, you will know how we feel. Nothing can replace a mother's love. Nothing.

Because MB's cancer is very aggressive, we had no time to waste. The very same day the doctor told us to prepare for hospice, MB and I said, "Fu*k That!", Hospice is a dirty word at our house.We started applying to the Burzynski Clinic as soon as we got home from the doctors appointmet, after 3 days of collecting medical records and sending faxes we were finally accepted.We never took time to think, we just acted. No more than a week and half after we were told to go home and prepare for death, we were on a plane headed to Houston TX in search of life and a second chance. We've left California and our family during Thanksgiving.

Even though the treatment is crazy expensive and we are away from home during the holidays, this is still the best decision we ever made. Sometimes you have to bet big to win big!

We aren't the Kardashians, we are just the Vargas' and we are going through the "realest" hardest battle of our lives...This is our story....If you'd like to start reading from the very beginning click on November, on the lower right hand side of the page and the very first post is the "Adventure Begins"

Thursday, November 24, 2011

I Danced.....



A box full of puppies will put a smile on anyone's face!
 

After a very stressful day, this is just what I needed....PUPPIES!










A cute cowboy is just icing on the CAKE!
I hope you dance......I did;)





I want to begin by apologizing for my comments in my last post, I shouldn't have reffered to MB's oncologist, at Kaiser, as a "dumb ho", that was wrong. I was just angry and needed to vent. Surprisingly MB was calm when I told her that her doctor was unwilling to go along with the treatment regimen Dr. B had prescribed, she just said, "We'll fight them when we get home". MB fights cancer and Kaiser, she is Wonder Woman!

Last night my new TEXAS BFF, a wonderful woman my age, whom I met in Houston, took me out for a much needed drink. I told her I wanted to meet a cute cowboy and she delivered! She took me to Showdown's Saloon. There, we met Eric, he was incredibly sweet from the beginning. He bought drinks and food all night and behaved like a total gentlemen.

After the Saloon we went to a place called Chula's, where my BFF met up with her Husband. Eric said Chulas was 'hood' but I thought it was cool, kinda like a sports bar. They played all kinds of music, country, hip hop, Mexican music and Adelle! Eric kept taking me out to dance by our table. When we arrived at Chula's I had bright red lipstick, when we left the lipstick was gone. This is how it happenned, everytime we got up to dance he would hold me tighter and tighter, his smell was intoxicating,after a while I just let go and let him glide me across the dance floor.As we danced, he kept telling me how beautiful I was and how lucky he felt to have met me in that smoothe Texas drawl. PEOPLE, I am 30 years old, I know he was/is probably full of shit but in the moment it was a fairy tale so I just kept dancing! When Adelle's "Someone Like You" came on, he started whispering the words in my ear as we danced, suddenly he brushed his lips against my cheek, then my lips then BAM full PDA. It was truly a magical moment.

Later we went with our friends to the best taco truck in town, thats right my cowboy keeps it classy. After that he asked my friend if he could drive me home. I know some of you, are lk, "what!" she went home with a perfect strager!"...No Eric was my friends friend who we happened to run into at the bar. On the way home we just talked and laughed and held hands. When we finally arrived at the hotel he gave me a quick kiss on the lips and that was it. He has text me twice this morning and asked me to be his date to a wedding tomorrow night, if all goes well he may take me to Baton Rouge Louisiana Saturday!;)

Stressful times are when you need to try to enjoy yourself the most. It makes things normal again, gives you something to laugh about, write about, dream about. What's the use in staying home and being depressed...It doesn't solve anything so get your BUT out there, say "fu$# IT" and dance. PS "Fu@# IT" is her new favorite phrase!

Some may judge me for leaving MB alone for a couple hours, but I needed last night to stay sane! MB is stable and has her phone. I do feel bad because I didn't get home until 4 am and she did start to worry. woopsies:(. I wont be doing that to her again. This morning she asked who was texting me, I said my cowboy and she was like, "OH GOD please don't start dating a guy in TX". I told her she only has herself to blame for blessing me with some amazing genes!....It's all her fault!

No comments:

Post a Comment